Sunday, July 08, 2012

Understanding & patience

Steps
I've been drawing nearly every day for about 3 months and decided to get myself some Letraset Promarkers as a little encouragement present. I discovered them via Regina Shafir's gorgeous and fun illustrations of her trip to Paris. Once they arrived I attempted to draw a witch picture for my friend to use as her profile image, only to discover she wanted something more glamorous. So I traced and changed and experimented with various colours and traced again until I achieved the image that my friend was happy with.
The Final
However, during the process of retracing the features got changed unintentionally to the less pleasing ones and I can still see few other ways to improve it. I decided to stop working on it for now, but maybe one day I'll attempt again to make something more satisfying to myself. In the process I got a better understanding of the steps and potential numerous reworkings that the illustrators and artist may go through to arrive to the final drawing/image/picture that they are happy with. I feel frustrated at being unable to put on paper what I have inside my head, but at the same time with the greater understanding comes patience towards myself and my pace of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment